Submission Terms and Conditions
To be eligible for consideration for publication/distribution in any publication produced, distributed The Salvation Army (“Salvation Army”), you must meet any geographic eligibility and/or age eligibility listed in Salvation Army’s post containing a call-to-action and request for submissions (the “Post”).
All photos and accompanying copy and names (collectively, “Content”) you post to the Salvation Army social media sites located at
- Content may not contain any content or concept other than the content or concept requested or described in the corresponding Post.
- Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity;
- Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, or medicinal/prescription drugs tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Content cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about
SalvationArmy or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind other than Salvation Army, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names of third-parties, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
- Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Content cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which
SalvationArmy wishes to associate; and
- Content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
BY SUBMITTING CONTENT, SUBMITTER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT SUBMITTER IS THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF ANY MINOR CHILD IDENTIFIABLE IN THE CONTENT AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON SALVATION ARMY’S WEBSITES AND/OR SALVATION ARMY’S PRINT PUBLICATIONS, IN SALVATION ARMY’S DISCRETION. By submitting Content, you acknowledge that
By submitting Content you warrant and represent that the Content: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has no previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness or voice is used in the Content (if any), and that you are the parent or legal guardian of any minor child depicted in the Content; and (f) and that publication of the Content via various media including Web posting and print publishing, will not infringe on any third party rights. You are responsible for your own security and privacy settings on social media, including with respect to your use of minors’ names and other personal information
From time to time, Salvation Army may elect, in Salvation Army’s sole discretion, to publish Content in its print magazine, on its websites, or in any other media now known or hereafter invented. If so selected, you agree that you will promptly, upon Salvation Army’s request, furnish proof of identification and sign, complete, and return a release agreement provided by Salvation Army. In the event, in Salvation Army, in Salvation Army’s sole discretion, offers to provide a t-shirt or other promotional item to submitters whose Content is selected for publication, any such item is available while supplies last, Salvation Army reserves the right to substitute any such item, Salvation Army makes no representations and/or warranties with respect to such item, and you should allow four to six weeks for shipment of any such item.
By submitting Content, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Salvation Army under any obligation, that Salvation Army is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Content on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Salvation Army does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Salvation Army, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By submitting Content, you agree to indemnify and hold Salvation Army harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, costs or expenses brought against or suffered or incurred by the Salvation Army arising out of or in connection herewith, any breach by you of the warranties or agreements contained herein or the use, in whole or in part, by Salvation Army of any Content (or portion thereof). By participating, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, which are final and binding in all respects.
If you think that any Content infringes your intellectual property rights, contact us here if you wish to report it: [email protected]
CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITES WAS NOT EDITED BY SALVATION ARMY AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE SUBMITTER AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SALVATION ARMY IN ANY MANNER.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Salvation Army does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to you. Salvation Army reserves the right to waive any submission requirement set forth herein in its sole discretion.
Except where prohibited, by submitting Content, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the submission, use, or publication of Content and/or these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection herewith, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.