The Best Glasses For MeWhen choosing glasses, remember that they should flatter your facial features—not hide them.
I have always needed help selecting the best glasses to fit the shape of my face. I have a long “oval-shaped” face, and embracing those features took a long time. As I got older, I realized that even those quirky traits I was insecure about were all created with great reverence, unique and set apart. When choosing glasses, remember that they should flatter your facial features—not hide them. Your face shape is either oval, square, round, heart or diamond.
- Oval faces fit with most frame shapes but go with a wide frame. It will balance the length of your face.
- Square faces look best with round, oval, wire and semi-rimless glasses.
- Play with fun frames if you have a round face. You’ve got the perfect look for geometric or cat-eyeglasses.
- For a heart-shaped face, try glasses that are wider than your forehead, like aviators.
- Browline, cat-eye, round, oval and semi-rimless glasses are great for a diamond-shaped face. Look for thicker frames at the brow line but slightly thinner at the bottom.
All items shown were purchased at a Salvation Army thrift store.